flowtech headers?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_wms

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 4, 2012
Are these headers ok for a weekend driver? I've heard they are ok, i've also heard they are junk. So what is the deal with them? What issues will I have with them? I'm almost finish with my 403, it's been a very slow process.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
The only problem I have ever had with a FLOWTECH header was when I got them from the warehouse, there was a pin hole in the center of the weld where the four primaries come together at the collector. If you just want to stay under $200 and get a decent header, they will be just fine.

SCHOENFELD also makes headers for our cars, and they are priced great too :mrgreen:

MadMax

Apprentice
Aug 17, 2011
The jegs brand headers are an exact copy of the flowtechs and they are cheaper. I have jegs headers on my car and they are great.

othtim

Master Mechanic
Mar 23, 2010
I had nothing but problems with the flowtech headers I bought. Flanges not flat, weld slag covering a large part of one primary tube, bolt holes didn't line up. I bought another set of hooker headers and I have had ZERO problems.

KmK442

Apprentice
Aug 29, 2012
othtim said:
I had nothing but problems with the flowtech headers I bought. Flanges not flat, weld slag covering a large part of one primary tube, bolt holes didn't line up. I bought another set of hooker headers and I have had ZERO problems.
yes hookers are nice :rofl:

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
I have some experience with flowtech headers for a 403. I bought a set for a 403 in an Fbody, they showed up and some of the mounting hardware was missing, no biggie. But they where twisted too, i bolted up the driveside and it wouldn't fit because it was right up against the floor pans. I decided to go with a set of hooker headers after that.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
My flowtechs went in without problems but they rusted quick. Quicker than any other painted header I have ever used. Everytime I get under the car I see chunks of rust dangling and it makes me wonder how much material is left before I get a nice sized hole :lol: Definatley will go with Hookers or Hedman's next time.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
I forgot to mention i had problems with the bolt holes not being lined up right on the flanges too, all the bolts but one would go in, and the 2nd to last was really tight.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I put the SBO 1 5/8" primary A body headers in my 78 1/2 ton with a 307. They were ceramic coated, pin hole rust after first year, then peeling ceramic and more rust. I also needed double gaskets to seal their thin, crappy flanges. I have the Sanderson's, much better. The Hedman Elite look nice, thick flanges, tubes and ball/socket connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor