flowtech headers?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running the flowtech afterburner headers...I've had them for 4 years now and they are great...a little rusty now but not that bad...from reading the previous posts, I'd say the afterburner ones are made better then the general flowqtech ones....jmo 8)

I like my flow techs. They went in with little issue other than shifter linkage clearance.

I also stripped and painted them myself so no rust

I have the headman elite, kinda pricey but I'm on my 3rd year and no issues. I especially like the ball and socket collector which does not require a gasket

JBreu said:
I'm running the flowtech afterburner headers...I've had them for 4 years now and they are great...a little rusty now but not that bad...from reading the previous posts, I'd say the afterburner ones are made better then the general flowqtech ones....jmo 8)

Same here.....never had a problem with mine.....but I have to check and tighten the header bolts twice a year.....other than that Im happy with them................

I love flowtechs, cheap$$ and good brand, my first set were ceramic coated and those were the best, with my second build i had a budget and got the non ceramic just black, i took them down to metal and resprayed them high temp header paint, baked them and the only lasted 1wk before they started to peel, :wtf: since its a weekend cruiser too i wrapped them, keep the bay nice and fresh!! Save ur cash and get the ceramic coated flowtech headers...

4deec70f.jpg

c9b8ffbe.jpg

What I don't like about them is they don't fit the 7A heads correctly. They look like they are for 5A heads. If you see my post about flowtech headers for 307 or something like that, I showed pics on how the ports are for square ports insted of 7A round ports. Plus that raised sealing surface which I had to add metal to, when you tighten them up you can see the flanges bend. I think they should be solid flat across the mounting surface. And I had to notch my frame on the right side. When you look at them from under the car they don't go straight back. Now on my 83 Crew Cab Dually with a 454 they are perfect. Imagine that!

Not sure how they are for the Olds or Pontiac motors, but I just got a set of the FlowTech afterburner headers for my Cutlass with a chevy 350 in it, and you cannot beat them! The dropped in from the top, clearance was great! the only complaints I had was the gaskets they ship with them suck. Get some mr gasket or Heddman gaskets when you put them in. Its worth the extra $20-30 did a write up on them in the motor swap forum here. The paint... unless you strip them, paint them with ceramic paint and bake them in an oven prior to use, the paint never lasts. Jet Hot coating or ceramic headers from factory are the only ones that the finis lasts on. Otherwise you'll be painting them every 2-3 years (less if you don't drive it often)

My ceramic coated pair pin hole rusted and peeled within a year. The thin flanges also warp easy. A few have had issues for fitment with the Olds V8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor