FNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding this reply:
Post by Limey on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:43 pm
Now Subscribed and Welcome Aboard and please lets keep the slurs of pigment of Skin to not happening at all

I never commented on this...WTF!
If your thinking that I'm against Obama because he's Black (1/2), then that shows where "Your" head is at!
In fact, I would have voted for Colon Powell if he was on the ballot, but he was smart not getting caught up in Political crap!

OK, enough Crybaby Bull****......
Anyone ever launch a fan blade through a hood?
I did, while racing a Porsche on my way from LA to Vegas, back in 1978.
I was running hard and heading East on I-10, and a Porsche pulls along side me doing about 80mph. Anyway, he gives me the "Go" signal and we both nailed it. I was driving my 71' 454 El Camino with a 9' Ford rear end and 2:50 gears.
At about 135 the car made a funny noise, and it looked like I hit a crow. I pulled off the road and the Porsche kept going. When I got out I saw a "Rip" in the hood. I looked at the engine and didn't notice anything wrong. I restarted the car and saw the problem, one of the fan blades had "Cleanly" ripped off. It was only a 4 blade fan so I thought I'd just remove the blade until I found a parts place or junkyard. As I started taking off the fan, a guy in an old pick-up pulled over to offer assistance. I asked if he had a hack saw, he did, luckily. I removed the fan and he held it, while I cut the opposite blade off... making it a "Two blade". Riding the rest of the way to Vegas, the car ran well and didn't overheat (60 mph).
I arrived at an auto repair shop and a guy sold me a clutch fan with blade (Used) for $20.00.
FYI: I have more "Car & m/c stories"...then money!

bigalturk1 said:
I never commented on this...WTF!

Anyone ever launch a fan blade through a hood?

No no. He was just telling whitey and everyone else not to get carried away. :wink: That would be a bad welcome.

And no I've never launched anything through my hood but that's just because my 307 doesn't have the balls to race a Porsche. :lol:

Welcome aboard and thank you for your service :mrgreen:

Just so everyone knows, I deleted all the stuff that could be considered politics. Let's keep politics away and stick to what we're good at......talking cars

Post up some pics when you figure it out. Give a shout if you need some help with that. Like Qdub mentioned, photobucket is one way to post pics.

Re: FNG (Fiat commercial)

I liked that Fiat commercial! And yes, I do miss "Charley", being on 2-1/2 men (Ashton is an idiot)!

My 59' Fiat 600 (Back in 1967) looked like that (W/o that power or decals)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor