foot well lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
can some one show me a pic how/where the two under dash lights clip in. i have both dangling but I cant figure where they go. 1982 Monte Carlo.

I think they screw to the plastic under the dash with a 7mm or 1/4" hex screw.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
I think they screw to the plastic under the dash with a 7mm or 1/4" hex screw.
really? the mounts on my lights definitely look like they clip into something, almost like a sensor connection.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
really? the mounts on my lights definitely look like they clip into something, almost like a sensor connection.
Can you take a pic and post it? Is it the light beige almost white bulb housing? As xitabl442 said, they screw into the underside lip of the dash right by the kick panel....at least they do on my 87 cutlass.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Most I've seen screw into place as mentioned...however I have seen some that have "clips" that clip the light into a slot on the metal trim on the bottom of the dash. Below is a pic of a clip style...sorry for the lighting....

0EVopD.jpg

This pic also shows the easily (haha) accessible "Convenience Center" housing seat belt buzzer, horn relay etc....

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
Most I've seen screw into place as mentioned...however I have seen some that have "clips" that clip the light into a slot on the metal trim on the bottom of the dash. Below is a pic of a clip style...sorry for the lighting....

0EVopD.jpg

This pic also shows the easily (haha) accessible "Convenience Center" housing seat belt buzzer, horn relay etc....

Bingo!
This is what I got
20160617_125532_zpsbcdlpmcs.jpg

Pedrolif

Greasemonkey
Mar 28, 2016
New Hampshire
If I remember tomorrow, I'll take pics of where they are mounted in a mid 80's El Camino and mounted and dangling in my 82 Cutlass. Dangling being passengers side. Still not sure how it's supposed to mount. Camino is screwed into the plastic, mine looks like it clips on. You'll get it when I can post pics. Right now, I should be in bed, but damn... catching up on Quantico and having a few beers. I'll hate myself in a few hours.

I was wrong on my first post.
I do have the same style light in my 442. On the drivers side it clips in from top, right below the parking brake release handle, two little square holes in metal. My pass side screws to the plastic trim I think, because its hanging and my trim is out.

Pedrolif

Greasemonkey
Mar 28, 2016
New Hampshire
Alright everyone, it's crappy photo time!
100_0801[1].JPG
'82 Olds Cutlass Supreme with a hodge podge of parts, drivers side located here. Think I'm missing an under dash panel maybe?
100_0802[1].JPG Passengers side is gangling here because it was just over by the kick panel laying on the floor.
Have not figured out how it is supposed to mount in there yet.
100_0804[1].JPG It does have a mounting tab that looks like it should clip onto something, but I have no idea where.
For comparison, here is the 80's Caballero that has seen better days passengers side courtesy lamp.
100_0806[1].JPG As you can see, it has a screw mounting it into the under dash trim. My trim doesn't have a screw hole and a different clip on it.
100_0807[1].JPG Caballero drivers side has a nice peek hole for the light. Not sure if it's screwed down or clipped in. And so much mouse dung on the carpet I didn't feel like laying in it to find out.
I could take pics of the lamps in the other El Camino, but it's so full of interior pieces from this Cabillero that I don't even know if I could find them. Best bet would be to get an answer from someone with the right year Monte. It seems that even though they're all G-bodies, just like trim pieces, the mounting locations of simple things like lamps change from model to model, and how they're installed. Granted, my interior is a mutt, so not even sure what year all the interior trim is from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor