PONTIAC For the Pontiac Guys: NVU Gauges

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Just saw these on FB. Dope. Makes me want a GP.

FB_IMG_1581302515926.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I thought somebody on here maybe a year ago was used for the test fitting of those GP gauges

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
NICE! I like the white ones. Kinda pricey but finding OEM gauges is a tough nut to crack these days.

• Agree

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Me: "Oh, snap!"

My Bank Account: "You...... b*st*rd!"

:LOL:

-Gonz

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
They seem expensive at first glance-

BUT, once you add up what all the each individual gauges really cost, and the time mounting them, its not outrageous.

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Oh, Ive seen Digital Set-ups go for $1,200.

I was actually kinda okay with $825. Cheaper would have been nice, but...

-Gonz

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Seems in line with the Dakota Digital VHX line price wise and similar in looks. I was hoping DD would do a setup for the Pontiac dashes but glad someone stepped up. Haven't heard much about the company or quality but these are definitely on my radar for a down the road purchase. Glanced at the instructions, not surprised some dash cutting is required but would have to see if that prevents stock gauges from being put back in. I'm sure most wouldn't go back but hate to cut up a dash or mounting for any reason.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
In theory, cool. Not a fan of the look of them, though. Don't really look like they belong there.

NVU was briefly a sponsor here a year or two ago. I think their prices scared everyone off, which is unfortunate.

383_GrandPrix

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
I thought somebody on here maybe a year ago was used for the test fitting of those GP gauges
Yep! I had a spare dash from a parts car in the garage. My Dad and I drove from Montreal to Detroit to drop off the dash and meet the guys at NVU. Great guys! They have a real nice little operation going. It was a good excuse to take a road trip with my Dad and visit Lane automotive for some go fast parts. Also wanted to help out the G body community by helping a company provide more aftermarket support.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Yep! I had a spare dash from a parts car in the garage. My Dad and I drove from Montreal to Detroit to drop off the dash and meet the guys at NVU. Great guys! They have a real nice little operation going. It was a good excuse to take a road trip with my Dad and visit Lane automotive for some go fast parts. Also wanted to help out the G body community by helping a company provide more aftermarket support.

Cool, are they hooking you up with a set or discount for providing the donor dash?

I had someone use my SS for a trunk kit and got the one he made for it to keep, he stopped over a couple times to measure and use pics on his site when done: https://www.jarheadbobandmax.com/

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor