Ford 2008 Crown Vic Interceptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Sorry I don't have pictures yet. As I said its all white, except for the black panel on the back of the trunk. It isn't a street package so it lacks chrome trim and has a black grill. However, thd windows are not tinted which I prefer. Has two holes in the bumper cover for the little nudge bars which have been removed but some of the brackets were left. Its has half moon hub caps and two of those ticket dome lights that switch between white and red. The interior is black with carpeting, the driver seat has a gash. Its missing the center console but it has normal rear seats. All four doors have those rubber impact strips. Also has a funky aftermarket keyed switch for disabling the passenger airbag. Most of the emergency lighting harness has been removed. There are still some strobes in the headlight and taillight housings, but they are not hooked up to anything. The control boxes for the lights as well as the cop radios are gone. This was a former Fed car and the Fed boys glued some boards in the trunk for mounting something, I guess to avoid drilling the floor? There are still a few stray relays under the trunk lid I plan to pull.

Right now I am planning on installing mud flaps, led headlight bulbs, seat covers, and a center console. My one concern is not to look like a wacker. In my online searching I have found that sadly some cops have posted that they view any and all Panther drivers as wackers. That includes Towncars and Grand Marquis besides Vics. So not sure if I should replace the half moon caps with full hubcaps and a chrome grill swap to look less like a wacker? Maybe even replace the rear black trunk panel with a white one too? Really would like to get a pushbar (heck I would like one on my Regal as well) but fear that may be going too far. At least the windows are non tinted.

Last edited:

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Sorry I don't have pictures yet. As I said its all white, except for the black panel on the back of the trunk. It isn't a street package so it lacks chrome trim and has a black grill. However, thd windows are not tinted which I prefer. Has two holes in the bumper cover for the little nudge bars which have been removed but some of the brackets were left. Its has half moon hub caps and two of those ticket dome lights that switch between white and red. The interior is black with carpeting, the driver seat has a gash. Its missing the center console but it has normal rear seats. All four doors have those rubber impact strips. Also has a funky aftermarket keyed switch for disabling the passenger airbag. Most of the emergency lighting harness has been removed. There are still some strobes in the headlight and taillight housings, but they are not hooked up to anything. The control boxes for the lights as well as the cop radios are gone. This was a former Fed car and the Fed boys glued some boards in the trunk for mounting something, I guess to avoid drilling the floor? There are still a few stray relays under the trunk lid I plan to pull.

Right now I am planning on installing mud flaps, led headlight bulbs, seat covers, and a center console. My one concern is not to look like a wacker. In my online searching I have found that sadly some cops have posted that they view any and all Panther drivers as wackers. That includes Towncars and Grand Marquis besides Vics. So not sure if I should replace the half moon caps with full hubcaps and a chrome grill swap to look less like a wacker? Maybe even replace the rear black trunk panel with a white one too? Really would like to get a pushbar (heck I would like one on my Regal as well) but fear that may be going too far. At least the windows are non tinted.

They say a picture is worth a 1000 words. I ran your post through a word counter and it said you used 344 words. So you owe us 656 more words. Wouldn't a pic have been easier? Lol

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
giphy.gif

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Got a little bad news, turns out my state only allows one spotlight on cars, even for active cop cars. I will have to delete at least one of the dual spots. Now my problem is how to seal the A pillar hole? I would think a small patch of Dynamat type material would do. GM used that type of material in G bodies to seal factory holes like the rear floor plugs and seatbelt mounts.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
23gtwy.jpg

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
There may be a way out, many states allow dual spots if they are factory original, which mine are. Have to call DMV and find out.

In the meantime I found out my Vic is a retired National Park ranger car which is very good news.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Got some bad news, the Vic has some rot and pin holes in the rockers. Its pretty localized in the middle on both sides. but the bad spots appear to go through several layers of sheet metal into the inner rockers. Rest of the underbody is pretty clean, just the middle bottom of the rockers.

Guess I could cut good outer and inner rocker sections out of a junkyard crown vic and weld them onto mine after cutting the bad out and rust treating. Crown Vics have a plastic trim panel that covers the real metal panels so it is not critical the repair look nice.

Makes me so glad my Regal has solid rockers and why it will not be driven in salt season, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor