Ford 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

1987mcsbc

n00b
Aug 18, 2014
MI
So I've been building this MC I'm the 3rd owner bought it from a elderly guy who's mom actually owned it so technically 2nd owner lol but anyways had a305 caught on fire and all after driving it everyday all day and putting 10k on it in one summer...what can I say I love this b*tch so I put a sbc .060 over th400 And a spohn performance new driveshaft that iam trying to use with the ford 9 I'm in the process of fabricating bc I'm a welder I have a chevelle rear end I got for cheap it's 54 inches long I run 275/60/15 I want my tires tucked tho like damn near tubbed but I don't want to tub it just yet...not the the time to that just yet so I was wondering how long should I make it. Flange to flange. Considering this is my first build everrr also it still has the gm 10 bolt in it right now. I'm only 20 years old if anyone Could help me out I'd really appreciate it thanks iam new to the site also I'm still tryna learn how to use it

Well I kno our org 10bolts are 52.5 but I want to run 28s that's my problem what is the length of yours and what sz tires are you running I was told I can still use the chevelle housing but have to use 5" spacers is that true

I run a ford 9"(52.5) w/ 8 in rims w/ 3.5 backspace. I have had 26 x 9 - 28 x 9 - 30 x 9, and 28/11.5/15 & 28/12.5/15 ET Streets under the car. If you run the chevelle housing your going to need more backspacing .

Spacers and backspacing on rims are 2 different things. You need to determine how much backspacing is right for your application. If I put 5 in backspace rims on mine they would hit the frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor