found out what a Lexus IS-F was today

Status
Not open for further replies.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
I was driving along in my truck real late (or early), these teenage kids ride by makin hand signals to 'go'. I thought this was just another lexus that's going to be and easy kill...

I drop the clutch and was ahead of him for maybe 2 seconds and the thing pulls on me like a mad dog. Granted the truck isn't a huge power maker around 280hp, god knows how much torque, but it has seen plenty of new mustang GT's and g35's in the rearview.

I stop at the light, the kids were in high school (obviously driving their dads car), and I asked them what car it was, they go 'IS', and I said so thats a lexus right, they said ya, it's a v8 and go on talkin about it.

The good news is they said my chevy was the quickest truck they ran up against besides a lighting. I told em its a v6 runnin 7-8lbs of boost and hope to get the tune to 16lbs in a few months.

So I checked out this v8 lexus IS and it's known as an IS-F, with an 8spd transmission and 415hp. I was a little out of my class, lol I thought it was just another lexus 4 or 6 cyl, but this one runs mid 12's stock :lol: I'll take em down from a roll with 16psi next time I see him... just need to get some extra injectors and an intercooler

I'd also watch out for IS 300's. The stock 2JZ-GE engine is a non turbo variant of the engine from a MK IV Supra. And we all KNOW how powerful those things can be! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor