Front frame brace

Status
Not open for further replies.

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
We came up with our version of the brace by seeing cars with the jounce bars and then also knowing about the Grand Prix bar. We combined the two to hopefully make the best of both worlds.

I'm the one who mentioned about the windshield. Our Green Machine had a terribly annoying noise on the upper right windshield area. It drove all of us nuts. The triangle brace immediately stopped it. That's not a super engineering oriented answer but does indicate that something became more rigid somewhere...

ramey

Reactions: 7 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
We came up with our version of the brace by seeing cars with the jounce bars and then also knowing about the Grand Prix bar. We combined the two to hopefully make the best of both worlds.

I'm the one who mentioned about the windshield. Our Green Machine had a terribly annoying noise on the upper right windshield area. It drove all of us nuts. The triangle brace immediately stopped it. That's not a super engineering oriented answer but does indicate that something became more rigid somewhere...

ramey
2 birds with one stone? Or is it more like:
56950C05-31A3-4623-ACEF-AC98C58BD287.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
Wow this thread has gone on for 4 pages I feel like it should have ended at the first reply. LMAO.

What my stupid brain thinks it should have done is bought aluminum body mounts. Then I wouldn't have worried about an insignificant amount of flex. Lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210119-163004.png
    Screenshot_20210119-163004.png
    283.7 KB · Views: 136
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
The front portion of frame the is pretty stout - I never though the front brace would help but others said does and defiantly not going to hurt anything. The side frame rails are a weak point and as UNGN said the body bolting to the frame is what stiffens it. As Fleming said setting your car on jack stands behind the front tires (the last portion of stout frame) you will see the frame bow, just look at your door gaps. Boxing these frame rails will add a lot of strength and rigidity.

lou's pic's 015.jpg
Copy of lou's pic's 014.jpg
IMG_4066.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor