Front radiator support bushings very low

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
In my case, it became an issue when I swapped an 86 GP frame under an 86 442. I had always assumed the frame was slightly different.
That may or may not be it. Mine was all the same. Unless energy suspension or prothane made their mounts for the front without changing the body mounts. So they were made too small. Idk

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
In my case, it became an issue when I swapped an 86 GP frame under an 86 442. I had always assumed the frame was slightly different.
So would it be safe to assume that the body mount bushing kits are the same across the whole G platform, with the exception of the core support bushings? That would make perfect sense seeing as the header is about all that's truly different. I wonder if the bushings are different heights out back.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I had the same thing with my bushing kit. They're just not as big as the stockers. I saved all the washers from the tear down and had to use an extra 2 per side to make the support and fender meet.

As you can see from the pic the stock ones are really thick.
bushing 2.jpg

Sorry, wrong pic
bushing.jpg

Hutch

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor