front speakers help

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
oh nice, i decided on the KS series Kickers, and got them on the way, in the mean time i am trying to locate a rear un-cut speaker harness. M&H Electric is out 20 weeks for made-to-order reproductions
On a kinda positive note M&H told mw when I ordered the manual transmission back up harness they told me out time may be reduced if they get the needed help & have the new guys learn on the smaller harnesses.

Reactions: 1 user

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
On a kinda positive note M&H told mw when I ordered the manual transmission back up harness they told me out time may be reduced if they get the needed help & have the new guys learn on the smaller harnesses.
Right on. Btw. Is the under hood light supposed to have a ground wire .

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Grounds to the hood.
Gotcha. Mine doesn't have a screw hole in the hood for a ground. my friend who has one, he told me that supposedly they made a second type of light that had the ground Incorporated in the headlight harness?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Gotcha. Mine doesn't have a screw hole in the hood for a ground. my friend who has one, he told me that supposedly they made a second type of light that had the ground Incorporated in the headlight harness?
The light's metal body does a direct ground to the hood.

Reactions: 2 users

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
The light's metal body does a direct ground to the hood.
Cool. So itll work for me. That's all I needed to know I think I'll pick it up from him. Might have a lead on a complete original rear speaker harness.

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Update. I got the dash in tonight. It was more WORK than i remembered and took more patience and Finesse... with a bit of Overthinking and Cussing. :LOL: The new speakers fit perfectly! (Bought from Crutchfield Kicker CS354). I am going to be Reinstalling items like climate control, glovebox, emergency cable, and maybe Side gauge pod Today and this weekend. hopefully. after that, I can get my seats removed and take a look at the condition of the floor pan to see if i need to fix anything or coat it in POR-15. It's nice i already pre-ordered everything needed i.e. Sound deadening, trunk divider, etc. Waiting now on trunk & underhood light harness from a friend, and to get a rear speaker harness from another friend.

Next, i will need to focus on the inner roof and try to scrape off the old dried-up insulation to rust coat it, then figure out a new insulation pad to put on in between the roof & headliner board. Any suggestions? I know nobody will ever see it once the board is up there. But... I'd really like to stay near Factory Material. (Will this work?) or what can you guys suggest that is *Factory* like? The picture is attached below. Sorry i am such a stubborn old guy in a 25 YR old body LOL

received_7124308410913564.jpeg

Screenshot_20231003-171402.png

I might make a thread for the progress if anyone would like to keep up to date with my Factory-Correct build. I know the majority of guys are going away from this and "Modernizing / Updating" their cars, i just want to know what it was like back then to Go into a dealer and buy one new & drive it as a daily work commuter. That is my goal. Then keep it under I'm older than dirt & all other gas-combustion vehicles have LONG since been banned from roads and Gasoline is no longer made lol. I know someone will be out there Outlawing it!!! LOL

Reactions: 1 users

BlairC_789

Apprentice
Jun 18, 2021
North Carolina
Recently I've been looking online and asking on Facebook asking about which brands work but getting limited answers. So i came here. I want to go with these CS kickers. Has anyone else used them? How do they fit? Or what do you suggest that does fit and sound really good? Really need help on this. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20646CC354/Kicker-46CSC354.html
I have those exact same ones in my car. On the driver side i had to shift a wire loom a little bit, but they fit. Sound pretty good considering they fire upwards into a windshield

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
If not I may have a speaker harness from a Monte real cheap.I do have a set of factory option trunk pistons and brackets
From what I understand with those trunk pistons are they were later production replacements for the smaller original intended ones. Early '81 Montes had the smaller ones but failed cause of the weight of the trunk lid. Later fix was to install those to replace them. I'm thinking towards the end of the model year they were factory installed. One downside is those twist the hinge arms & causes stress wear on the bolts using the washers to cut circles into the lid making you think it's coming loose.
I swapped mine out to the smaller ones to have them fail.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor