front springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jate

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 25, 2015
MB Canada
sorry if this has been asked before, i couldn't find it.

i was just wondering if anyone had the Moog part number for factory replacement front springs for an 83 regal with a 5.0l

i had replaced the rear with Moog cargo coils and coil over read shocks and had a nice stance but when i hit big bumps the front tires would rub. so i decided to replace the front springs as they looked stock.

i was told it was Moog 5604 but now that i have installed them the front end seems way to high.
and since i have done this i am now rubbing in the back on small bumps

here is a picture of the old springs and the new springs

picture of car is with old stance

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Attachments

• QTDJ4699[1].jpg
    QTDJ4699[1].jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 384

Jate

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 25, 2015
MB Canada
as you'll see there is a few different springs that were used for the G body that you can choose from

i do now thanks a lot. i totally grabbed the wrong ones. the 5604's have the tallest free height and were a complete pain in the *ss to get in.
it pushed my front end from where it is in the picture. to 28-1/2' from ground to top of front wheel well in the middle. i run 215-60-15 in the front. yeah from the side it looks level if not front high, but i have no plans for a big block in this car so this is over kill, i just want my stance back without the front tires rubbing. thanks a lot for the chart. i will be purchasing the right ones and will let the 5604's rust in the yard or maybe try to sell them and chalk it up to a lesson learned

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you can always cut the the ones you have to adjust the ride height. Cutting a spring will increase the spring rate but not by much

Jate

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 25, 2015
MB Canada
you can always cut the the ones you have to adjust the ride height. Cutting a spring will increase the spring rate but not by much

that's an option, or like my buddy says just get adjustable coil over shocks for the back and jack the back up.

but i don't want a car that's so high it looks like i could go mudding with it

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Cutting your springs would be the cheaper alternative. Besides, another spring that you choose, still might not give you the results you seek.

Jate

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 25, 2015
MB Canada
Cutting your springs would be the cheaper alternative. Besides, another spring that you choose, still might not give you the results you seek.

even if you bought a shorter free ride height spring it wont drop the front of the car?
springs are cheap enough. and i pay nothing for labor as i do it all myself.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
even if you bought a shorter free ride height spring it wont drop the front of the car?
springs are cheap enough. and i pay nothing for labor as i do it all myself.
What I meant was, that another spring that you buy may still need to be cut slightly to achieve a particular ride height of your preference.
...or, you might want to go with the MOOG #5660, or #5658 springs, which are S10 springs, and are quite popular in G-body cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor