Front suspension rebuild kit 85 Elky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownianl

Apprentice
Oct 1, 2012
East Texas
Any opinions on best bang for the buck front end rebuild kits? I've checked out the PST kit for 420 bucks on ebay. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with any other, (read: cheaper), kits? This is a street car and I just picked up all the F41 pieces and a set of KYB'S for it so I was wondering if the poly graphite kit is worth the extra bucks?

Feedback, advice, and opinions on any other/better kits welcomed!

Dave V

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2011
Brownianl said:
Any opinions on best bang for the buck front end rebuild kits? I've checked out the PST kit for 420 bucks on ebay. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with any other, (read: cheaper), kits? This is a street car and I just picked up all the F41 pieces and a set of KYB'S for it so I was wondering if the poly graphite kit is worth the extra bucks?

Feedback, advice, and opinions on any other/better kits welcomed!

I did energy suspension poly on my old 83 and it squeaked on this 84 I went rubber moog with all moog parts and it is flawless....

Brownianl

Apprentice
Oct 1, 2012
East Texas
Thanks Dave! I have been leaning towards just going with all moog parts after reading a ton of stuff about the unneeded overkill of polyurethane for a street car. Wonder what a full moog kit would cost? I am assuming it is not available in kit form and I will need to piece it together.

Dave V

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2011
Brownianl said:
Thanks Dave! I have been leaning towards just going with all moog parts after reading a ton of stuff about the unneeded overkill of polyurethane for a street car. Wonder what a full moog kit would cost? I am assuming it is not available in kit form and I will need to piece it together.

I'm not 100 percent sure if they do but cpp makes a nice kit I've installed it in older chevelles and they now make g body parts too
http://www.classicperform.com/G-Body.htm

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
I rebuilt the front end of my Monte with parts from rockauto. I had to get everything individually, but they were all moog parts and pretty cheap.

Neuron

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2012
SOCAL
I used Amazon and got free shipping and as good or better prices. I ordered the wrong rear springs(thanks to an incorrect table I used from a thread on here) and the return process was breeze and they only charged me for half of the return cost with no restocking fee. All MOOG parts except rear springs I got GM heavy duty. I like Rock Auto and still sometimes use them but Amazon keeps more money in my pocket.

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
I guess I'll try amazon next time. But rockauto's service is great. They sent me the wrong tie rod end, I called them up, and they sent me a new one for free. I didn't even have to send the wrong one back.

Neuron

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2012
SOCAL
kustomss said:
I guess I'll try amazon next time. But rockauto's service is great. They sent me the wrong tie rod end, I called them up, and they sent me a new one for free. I didn't even have to send the wrong one back.

Damn, I don't think Amazon would do that. That is great customer service. Good luck with the rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor