Fuel filter maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladodger

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 18, 2012
I have an 86 el camino and the last couple of days I've been noticing that it's harder to start and when I do get it started its as if it's studderring or lacking power or it feels like its running out of gas. Does this breif description sounds like the fuel filter should be replaced?
Thanks in advanced

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
It only costs a few dollars to buy a new fuel filter; a carb going out of tune is more likely the culprit, or even a fuel pump that is hanging on by only a thread...

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
If you live in very cold climate...you may have icing in the fuel line/carb/tank...etc. If the problem goes away when its fairly warm outside, that would be my guess. Like pencero said, its not a big deal to change out the filter to answer the question. If it runs ok once its warmed up, Id say your choke is out of adjustment or need a carb rebuild or tune up.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor