Fuel return on an 80 Elcamino

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjaffo

Apprentice
Jul 2, 2022
Monroe Wisconsin
Okay folks, I'm having a dummy attack here. On my 84 Cutlass I had a fuel return line, but it was also originally a V-6 diesel. Guess I thought most G-bodies had a return line. My 1980 Elky does not. I will be putting in a 600 hp 489 BBC and want to use a return line for the fuel. All the sending units I have seen have an inlet and an outlet. If I use one as a return then the charcoal canister would no longer be functional, correct? So would I need a different gas cap?
Also, I'll be using a 22 gallon tank. Does anyone make a sending unit with a 1/2" outlet line? I'd like to run 1/2" inch line from the tank to the pump and use the existing line for the return. Does anybody have some fuel system ideas for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor