FB_IMG_1654299642933.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Most hot rodders biggest mistake..... not a keeping a fire extinsher onboard for just such an occassion.
Probably second behind using those damn glass fuel filters

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Probably second behind using those damn glass fuel filters
Well thats not very reasuring, i currently use one of those(Mr Gasket) in my '79 malibu.... cant say i've had any issue with them in the past, when i had my '75 chevelle, i used the very same for a good 16yrs('93 - '09) before i sold the car off, no problem whatsoever.

Attachments

• MrG fuel filter.jpg
    MrG fuel filter.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Well thats not very reasuring, i currently use one of those(Mr Gasket) in my '79 malibu.... cant say i've had any issue with them in the past, when i had my '75 chevelle, i used the very same for a good 16yrs('93 - '09) before i sold the car off, no problem whatsoever.
Glass can break. If it were to happen in that scenario.... :oops: . Tornado's, flooding, hurricanes, getting robbed, & winning the LOTTO won't happen to everyone. But it does happen to some.

The metal ones are just as effective filtering w/o the concern.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
There was a metal can type on mine when i first got my '79.... but i tossed it because who knows how long its been in use, and i worry about the dreaded heat soak because its metal as it sits over the front part of the intake, even though its more cooled off by the fan and while the car is being driven and even less during idleing, but i get what you're saying, less to worry about and much safer to use, the WIX brand lQQks to be a goood choice.

Now on with the meme show...

Attachments

• appropriate paint.jpg
    appropriate paint.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 104
  • broken wheels.jpg
    broken wheels.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 100
  • google rims.jpg
    google rims.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 98
  • its me or the car.jpg
    its me or the car.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 104
  • self drive left in woods.jpg
    self drive left in woods.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor