FWD wheels on my LS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Alright, already did a search and found a few things, but I'm wondering this. I have a set of 20" wheels that were on my 01 Impala. I know, fwd offset. Anyhow I was just wondering if anyone has put fwd wheels on a G and if so what would be a good set of adapters to use? How thick will they need to be to make it sit right? I've just got them laying in my garage next to my car and was thinking about throwing them on it for now just cause they look alot better then my factory steels with caps/rings. Any help would be appreciated. I did find these...
http://store.gaugemagazine.com/5-x-4-75 ... apter.aspx

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
how could you adapt them to make them fit ? You know the offset of a FWD car is completely opposite of a RWD car. Unless you can flip the rims and put them on backwards I don't see how they would work, otherwise you would be running a 5" spacer which would be scary

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
axis said:
how could you adapt them to make them fit ? You know the offset of a FWD car is completely opposite of a RWD car. Unless you can flip the rims and put them on backwards I don't see how they would work, otherwise you would be running a 5" spacer which would be scary
Isn't the bolt pattern is different ? Not to mention the offset being about 6-8 inches different ?

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Anyone that put's newer camaro wheels or corvette wheels on a g has to use spacers, because those wheels use a fwd offset. And the link I provided earlier is for the adapters to change the bolt pattern, I'm just not sure how thick they need to be. I'm told you'll need thicker ones in the rear on G Bodys, then on the front but I haven't been able to find an answer yet as to how much.

crazy'boutOlds said:
I can get a set of adapters for you cheaper than that.

where can you find them? I'm just looking for some info for now. Appreciate any help.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
The thickness will vary with whatever rim you have. You will need to measure the rims you want to use then add however much thickness you need to get somewhere around a 4in backspace(depending on wheel width). Keep in mind most fwd rims are only 6 or 7 inches wide, so it will limit how wide of a tire you can run.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Mine are 20x7's and they have a 245/35/20 tire on them, I'll have to do some measureing when it gets nice out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor