G body frame verses s10 frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

upsman1

n00b
Dec 27, 2018
ok, I need some advise, I am planning on using a late model front frame section to replace the old in my 1963 chevy II, my donor Engine is a 350 with a t56 that was in a 95 s10, I'm considering using the s10 front end because I have it already but......... The v8 is tight in an s10 and I think there would be more room in a Gbody frame. The headers are crazy tight on this setup. Are the suspension widths the same wheel mounting surface to surface on both s10 and gbody ? it will take about the same amount of fabrication to do this . on Steves nova site one of the guys used an el camino frame to strengthen the car (just not the rear section) please jump in and give me your opinions ! oh and before anybody suggests it, I'm building it not buying it because thats the whole point in building your own ride, anybody can buy it, I want to build it !

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Width is the same from hub face to hub face. Should have more room in the g body frame versus the S10. I say go for it

upsman1

n00b
Dec 27, 2018
I just missed one close to me, 87 with no motor or trans, good gears, posi unit and small block headers. messaged last night and reply this morning was sold 750.00

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I literally threw a good frame out this fall. I couldn't even give it away for free. Killed me to do it but it couldn't stay in my yard any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor