G body shuffle Quarter Warp

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had a car that twisted like that I would be bringing it home to do whatever suspension mods were necessary before I stressed cracked my quarter panel.

X2. You can see the body work on that car is not very good to begin with; when he walks around the car at the beginning you can see how wavy the paint is. But with flex like that, he's asking for cracked roof pillars.

These cars require lots of reinforcing just to take 400 HP. Even just 110 HP from my former 3.8 was enough to crack my roof seam. Now with my current HO 305 setup I a full set of poly body mounts, radiator X brace, GP front frame bar, and rear seat brace, extra welds on my roof seam, and it probably still needs more. Still plan on making a rear bumper mount cross brace.

The shuffle is also partly caused by the stock arm mounted rear sway bar causing bind. Installing an improved frame mounted rear sway bar helps greatly to alleviate the shufflIng.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor