G-BodyParts.Com-The Rest of the Story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mopar_Mudder

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 27, 2010
I know this is an old thread that I am diggin up but I have been having some problems getting parts from them and was wondering about anyone's recent experience with them. Should I start getting worried.....

Mopar_Mudder

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 27, 2010
I sent in a request to the BBB today, will see what happens. Brian seems to be getting great feed back on other sites, so I want to try and give him the benifit of doubt. Been waiting on stuff for 2 months though.

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I don't order much off phone or internet, mostly cuz by the time it gets up to Canada, I've been raped with surcharges and duties. However, when I am dealing with such operations, I try to see how capable they are. If it's a "mom & pop" operation, I generally set my bars low. I expect delays and sometimes issues come up when processing payments.

... that being said, I prefer dealing with small operations... They are far easier to deal with when problems arrise. You have less automated systems to fight thru, if there is a problem they are a little more leaniant in resolving it. And it's always nice to talk to a real person.

... if you're in a hurry, go to a local shop or order from a large operation. When dealing with small services, just plan ahead, and don't make commitments before parts arrive and are in your hand.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
Re: gbodyparts.com-The Rest of the Story!

khan0165 said:
I don't order much off phone or internet, mostly cuz by the time it gets up to Canada, I've been raped with surcharges and duties. However, when I am dealing with such operations, I try to see how capable they are. If it's a "mom & pop" operation, I generally set my bars low. I expect delays and sometimes issues come up when processing payments.

... that being said, I prefer dealing with small operations... They are far easier to deal with when problems arise. You have less automated systems to fight thru, if there is a problem they are a little more lenient in resolving it. And it's always nice to talk to a real person.

... if you're in a hurry, go to a local shop or order from a large operation. When dealing with small services, just plan ahead, and don't make commitments before parts arrive and are in your hand.

I agree I got boned by NPD on a bunch of screwed up sheet metal, It took 7 months to get my money back. They fought my bank and the BBB, stalled for months. $900 bucks worth. Stay away from NPD. The big guys don't care if your happy after they get your money.
I have never had a problem with a small vendor.

Mopar_Mudder

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 27, 2010
Yea I would rather deal with a small business also, I am a small business. But because a small business can't offer all a large operation has you have to make up for it with customer service, that is where small business tends to accell. Well seems to me that I can't get any straight answers and am getting the run around on getting what I ordered.

BeachBoyBob

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 19, 2008
Mopar Mudder,

I have had no further dealings with G-Body parts, largely due to their poor communication and response. It is also too far away from the West Coast, and even if they have parts I cannot get elsewhere, my experience was such that I choose not to do business with them.

I would call them, and if they do not respond, then E-mail notification that if they do not respond to your inquiry within three business days, that you are going to cancel your order via your credit card. I think they offer parts, then have to go source them because they do not have them in inventory. I suspect this is where the holdup is, and that would be fine, if they only communicated what the status of your order was.

Good Luck!

BBB

lildudefl

Master Mechanic
Aug 25, 2011
Las Vegas (Cali at Heart)
I almost ordered my center console off their site. Im very glad i didnt after hearing all these troublesome stories because im in no position to call and hassle them (Iraq isn't so easy to make calls from)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor