Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
I'm looking for pics of G-body's with 20's on them. I'm curious as if they look right or too much (sorry for you guys that like the big wheel look). I basically want to be able to lower my car about 2 inches and squeeze in a 18 or 20 inch rim with a pro-touring look to it.

EDIT *** sorry I typed pro-street in the poll ... I mean PRO-TOURING ***

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, neither is Pro Street. Pro Street basically makes it look like a Pro Mudified with tubs, huge tires out back, skinnys up front a narrowed rear axle, etc. Pro Touring makes it more like a BMW or Mercedes Benz interpretation of a Muscle Car. Basically, Pro Touring is a car that does everything well, not just a drag car look.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Pro street??? I thought Pro Street was big meats tucked in the back and semi-skinny wheels up front. Got a pic of what your looking for? will 18s even fit without rubbing on the front after it's lowered?

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
There was a pic floating around on here (maybe a member's car) that had a Monte SS with 18x8's with a 4.5 BS on the front and 18x9.5's with 5.5 BS on the rear. It looks lowered a bit to me (maybe an inch or two?).

Think something like that would work on a Cutty? Think you could go any bigger?

Here's the pic:

18x8f45bs18x95r55bstwocl2.jpg

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
ohh. okay I see now.

If I were you, I'd do that wheel and tire setup, then maybe lower another 1" or so if the tires still wouldnt rub. You would probablly be able to fit 19s, if they even make them I'm not sure. looking at the picture there seems to be some extra room.

You could try one of those wheel fitment tools they sell at jegs for like $80. you can set backspacing, tire width, and wheel diameter.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
aren't 20s rather counter-productive if your goal is take take corners fast? Forget that they rub horrible or that you'd probably have to jack a G-body up to fit them ... think of the weight of all that metal. IMHO 16s, 17s or 18s are a far better choice.

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
Yeah .. I found that Coys make 17x9.5 and 17x8 in the same BS as that Monte above. I'd like to see what they look like first before I purchase them though.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Do they have a 80's monte in the mock up things on the wheel sites. you know what I mean? you pick wheels and ride height. I checked for a cutlass, but as I thought nobody had one. I'd say the monte is a little more popular. just an idea

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Good luck fitting a 5.5" bs wheel on there. Better order up some spacers while your at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor