G-Wagons in the Norwest

Status
Not open for further replies.

79BuWagon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 15, 2009
Vancouver Wa
While im on a roll here thought I might relate some insights to these wagons in this area . I see quite a few G-wagons being used as daily drivers out here in the Portland/Vancouver area . Ditto on the Caminos . Strangely enuff not many sedan/hardtops . Cant recall how many wagons ive found on the local C-list over the years but its been a bunch . One in particular I went to look at awhile back was a 82 Malibu model I believe and it was fully loaded with factory options , had 15 inch ralleys and decent rubber , suspension had been gone thru and a transplanted 350 that sounded in good repair . Paint/interior wasnt the best but no obvious rust issues . Asking price was 1500 obo . Probably should have bought this car but a couple of issues turned me off . For some reason the front wheel wells were hacked up on it and a lot of wiring was hanging from under the dash . The second wagon of note that I came across was a fella who had one same year/color as mine . I was picking up a new bicycle on this day and couldnt really talk to him as much as id have liked to . According to him his wagon had been featured several times in Chevy Hi-Perf magazine detailing the things he had done to the car . Wish id have gotten his number . So if your looking for a relatively rust free G-wagon for a project this might be a place to look .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor