Gas pedal removal

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Whats the best way to remove the plastic gas pedal? I have a metal one that bolts over the plastic but i’d like to at least spot it with the pedal off since I can feel “webbing” behind the pedal.

If I recall correctly it's a cotter pin holding the gas pedal "rod" in the pedal. Many other pedals fit too, so you're not limited to covers.

I haven't pulled a pedal off in a long time so I may be misremembering but I'm fairly certain.

Reactions: 1 users
There is a pin holding the pedal to the linkage rod. There is a spring that does double duty of keeping the pedal upright and retaining the pin. You have to get the load off the pin by compressing the spring between your fingers and pull the pin out.

001.jpg

Pin goes between the leg and the coil of the spring (Yellow Line), that leg falls into the narrow part of the pin (Red Line). Might make it easier to understand since doing it blind is a pain.
001.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
There is a pin holding the pedal to the linkage rod. There is a spring that does double duty of keeping the pedal upright and retaining the pin. You have to get the load off the pin by compressing the spring between your fingers and pull the pin out.

View attachment 244893
That's it! Sorry I gave bad info, Baker.

Reactions: 1 user
As always you guys are awesome. Thanks a bunch

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor