gas tank strap hardware specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
hello all i am getting ready to install my gas tank and bought some new straps and i am looking for the hardware specs on the bolts that hold them in thanks

I believe the bolts are 3/8" x 4". I used a 9/16" socket to remove and install them. I don't think they were metric but you may want to try a 3/8 bolt before you install the tank to see if fits.

The ones I just replaced were 5/16 by 3&1/4.... don't think a little longer would hurt but I can't remember if there was much room in the bore for more than 5/16

I believe the bolts are 3/8" x 4". I used a 9/16" socket to remove and install them. I don't think they were metric but you may want to try a 3/8 bolt before you install the tank to see if fits.

I'd have to agree with this statement, short of actually pulling a bolt out and measuring it out.

Also, with a reproduction tank and straps, something didn't jive so I ended up having to use much longer bolts than the originals as well as spacers. The original J-clips were still utilized.

I had read somewhere that some G-bodies were spaced like that from the factory, or rather insulators were used. I'm thinking it was the fuel injected cars for some sort of grounding (?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor