Gauges cluster panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2019
I have 1985 monte carlo cl, and it has the clock which dont work and it has the four gauges in the center, fuel, choke/oil, tempwhich is just the red circle. My question is, can I swap out the unsightly clock with a tachometer and the engine tempt guage with and actual gauge that has the numbers on it? If so please give me the parts numbers of some! Thanks!!

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
I cannot speak for your specific car but as for my Olds Cutlass 1979, to replace what is refreed to as IDIOT lights with
actual gauges requires more than just a gauge panel swap.

Watch this video:

a video produced by a guy who does GBodies, he goes through How to change the cluster AND any additional
wiring or harnesses that need to work with the analog gauges.

Its quite an undertaking but it can be done........sorry I cannot supply you with exact vehicle help. But at least this
may give you an idea of what you may be undertaking.

Good luck.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Requires a different cluster tub, circuit board, tach adapter plate, , center gauge set, wiring changes, oil pressure sender, and temp sender.

There is a fairly accurate writeup on it at http://www.maliburacing.com/gauge_conversion.html

Used Monte/Malibu/Camino clusters are available from various places, repros are available at a couple vendors, but it's not anywhere near as inexpensive as it once was.

Mar 6, 2019
Thanks for the video link, didn't realize so much went into it! I think i will just go with the Dakota digital dash!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor