Gauges inop

markolds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2023
Attempting to repair the rally cluster on my 87 salon. Don't really see anything wrong however the tach runs around 1800 rpm while idling but goes to zero with key turn on. The voltage ,oil ,water and fuel have worked twice but mainly read nothing

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Thank you I'll be doing this today.
You're very welcome. It might also be a good idea to search this forum for threads regarding the printed circuit on the back of the gauge cluster. They're known to be extremely delicate and problematic, and just may be the cause of your issues. You'd be wise to go into that situation armed, so to speak.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

markolds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2023
You're very welcome. It might also be a good idea to search this forum for threads regarding the printed circuit on the back of the gauge cluster. They're known to be extremely delicate and problematic, and just may be the cause of your issues. You'd be wise to go into that situation armed, so to speak.
Circuit board was in great shape tightened some loose contacts put a little more tension on the plug terminals and soldered tach contacts everything works perfectly

Reactions: 1 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Circuit board was in great shape tightened some loose contacts put a little more tension on the plug terminals and soldered tach contacts everything works perfectly
Right on, I'm glad it worked out! I broke mine all to hell... it was stuck, corroded, and brittle. Did you happen to swap in some LED bulbs while you were in there?

markolds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2023
Right on, I'm glad it worked out! I broke mine all to hell... it was stuck, corroded, and brittle. Did you happen to swap in some LED bulbs while you were in there?
I thought about it but I really don't mind the lighting that's in it

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor