BUILD THREAD Gbody gigolo Continued..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cte069

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 8, 2019
Waco tx area
Update- moved on to the floor pans. Will update soon with pics. Basic deconstruction to get to bare floor pans. Seats,carpet, crack pipes, console, seated belts etc etc being removed aka non glamorous parts. Got 6x8 inch rott drivers side under gas/brake pedal and I need pretty much whole passenger side panel, front and rear passenger area got rott. Still debating on how to proceed. I got a another Monte strictly for a parts car that had a small engine fire. Do I cut the floor panel out of that? More labor? Or do I order reproduction replacements and get raped aka pay more for shipping then the parts?? Any thoughts? Suggestions? Anyone compared or had experience with original old stock to the reproduction quality parts.. I know personally doing that A pillar, welding new metal to old metal kept me on my toes. Input would be helpful, thanks in advance.

Reactions: 1 users

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
Id go with your parts car floor pan if its in good shape. Im using a goodmark pan but there's a good amount of work to cut out and reuse all the braces,seat and seat belt mounts. The original metal is a little thicker and the Goodmark pan is for an elco so you have to stop at the backseat. I think I payed 350+135 shipping off rock auto. I just tried to order all my sheet metal at the same time to save on shipping. I was impatient and couldn't find a clean floor pan local so i went the aftermarket route

Reactions: 1 user

Cte069

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 8, 2019
Waco tx area
Id go with your parts car floor pan if its in good shape. Im using a goodmark pan but there's a good amount of work to cut out and reuse all the braces,seat and seat belt mounts. The original metal is a little thicker and the Goodmark pan is for an elco so you have to stop at the backseat. I think I payed 350+135 shipping off rock auto. I just tried to order all my sheet metal at the same time to save on shipping. I was impatient and couldn't find a clean floor pan local so i went the aftermarket route
I was just going to cut the small piece out of the drivers side butt weld, then cut whole left side out on pass side, prob bout 2-3 inches to the right of tunnel and 2-3 inches to left of drop off from rocker area. The donor car is a bench as opposed to my buckets. I will still have to cut out , drill out reweld to reuse brackets on passenger side. Infact that far left door side bucket seat bracket that has both front right and back right seat studs is crap, rotted sure I'll have to order that. Thanks for your input, now I have to clean that nasty parts car out to get to that floor pan.. first I'm going to put it on my lift and inspect the pans from bottom up before I do all that.

Cte069

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 8, 2019
Waco tx area
Got the parts car on the lift yesterday, man was a pain. It was prob in Nick of time, since front windshield was busted out and full of water. The pans wouldn't lasted too long. Anyway good pans suitable replacements. Now to clean that nasty beast out.

Attachments

• IMG_20200415_140844.jpg
    IMG_20200415_140844.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Cte069

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 8, 2019
Waco tx area
On a side note had to break into the trunk. Jackpot!!!! I felt like a kid finding treasure. Anyway off to rip up animal piss infested, rain soaked carpet to get to some floor pans.

Attachments

• IMG_20200415_152713.jpg
    IMG_20200415_152713.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
On a side note had to break into the trunk. Jackpot!!!! I felt like a kid finding treasure. Anyway off to rip up animal piss infested, rain soaked carpet to get to some floor pans.
Did I spy what looks like a '81 "wood grain" radio/heater face plate in the treasure?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
A victim of an aftermarket radio. I'm guess (if I haven't saw in earlier posts) that's a '81 parts car between the wood grain pattern, grill, what looks like dark maple/maroon interior parts.

Cte069

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 8, 2019
Waco tx area
A victim of an aftermarket radio. I'm guess (if I haven't saw in earlier posts) that's a '81 parts car between the wood grain pattern, grill, what looks like dark maple/maroon interior parts.
A victim of an aftermarket radio. I'm guess (if I haven't saw in earlier posts) that's a '81 parts car between the wood grain pattern, grill, what
looks like dark maple/maroon interior parts.
Guess I know why he had that in trunk, went back look at dash I pulled and the one he had in it was cracked. Still rocking the cassette tape..
Ya I just grabbed it for floor pans, trunk , a door and glass, not to mention odd and end bolts. Not bad for free, wife was on him to haul off, said I could have If I hauled off, worked for me..

Attachments

• IMG_20200416_173031.jpg
    IMG_20200416_173031.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 151
Reactions: 2 users

Cte069

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 8, 2019
Waco tx area
Made some progress got pan out of the donor car, man it fought me the whole time... Got to stripe it down to pan only, cut some extra "stuff " off with it. Got a few repairs to do on it also.. Guess it still saved me a bunch of cash, floor pan $149 plus same amount to ship what a rip off.

Attachments

• IMG_20200417_193453.jpg
    IMG_20200417_193453.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20200417_193326.jpg
    IMG_20200417_193326.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor