Gbodyparts.com Cutlass door panels and Dash overlays

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Before and after pics. Very impressive installation and quality.

Attachments

• IMAG0566.jpg
    IMAG0566.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,837
  • IMAG0860.jpg
    IMAG0860.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 1,774
  • IMAG0895.jpg
    IMAG0895.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,761
  • IMAG0825.jpg
    IMAG0825.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,596
more before and after

Attachments

• IMAG0898.jpg
    IMAG0898.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,649
  • IMGP1316.JPG
    IMGP1316.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 1,471
  • IMAG0897.jpg
    IMAG0897.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,474
  • IMAG0823.jpg
    IMAG0823.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,477
Looking very good. Better all the time. Me and u are one of the few I've seen on here lately that got the dash clock, love those. I've got the same style in mine and I have a 3rd hand style clock as well.

Evan's 85 said:
Looking very good. Better all the time. Me and u are one of the few I've seen on here lately that got the dash clock, love those. I've got the same style in mine and I have a 3rd hand style clock as well.

yea, pretty rare and hard to finad another. Mine has some white dust that I would like to get rid of behind the glass. But am afraid to attempt taking apart.

I like everything except that the Olds emblem is the later style and not the one that is correct for that year. The older one you can actually tell it is a rocket, the newer one is kind of boring and reminds me too much of the later more "boring" olds that came after the death of the RWD cutlass.

Evan's 85 said:

NEGATIVE(lol) i have the dash clock also

like above me the rocket emblem looks more like a plane....but none the less great parts, I will buy soon.

IMAG0109.jpg

i had one of the digital dash clocks in my 86 cutlass supreme, but actually prefer the looks of the analog 3 hand version better, thats whats in mine now.

discussion of the emblem. I see both sides, but since my restore has turned into a hot rod with some class the shape of the emblem does not matter all that much. Now If I were going for points, I would push Brian to get the correct rocket emblems. What is strange I have a factory service emblem. Look at the emblem on the book from 81, Interesting huh?

Attachments

• IMAG0908.jpg
    IMAG0908.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,294
tobyp said:
discussion of the emblem. I see both sides, but since my restore has turned into a hot rod with some class the shape of the emblem does not matter all that much. Now If I were going for points, I would push Brian to get the correct rocket emblems. What is strange I have a factory service emblem. Look at the emblem on the book from 81, Interesting huh?

Right. I think the "new" style happened in 81 along side the "new" cutlass line AKA the Ciera. I have seen the "new" style mixed in with the "old" leading up to the total change over that I think happened by time the 87s and 88s were out. I think there was a "special edition" emblem above the clock in raised chromed plastic on a certain year.

Keep in mind a lot of the reproductions are from Customers stating this is what I have & this is correct for these years.
Our manufacturer doesn't have 10 years of Oldsmobile samples sitting there. But we need as a group to establish what is & isn't correct per year. If any one has all the examples for each year in mint shape it would really help in thefuture.

Toby If you don't mind & if you have discarded the original over lay & not laid on top of it this would make for a good Library on an 81. The wood espescially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor