GBOTM: Congratulations to YGspider our September Winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
Congratulations to YGspider, our GBOTM winner for September. This month was limited to new members only "meaning they joined less than a year ago". There were a lot of nice entries this month. Some were projects, daily drivers, or track cars. There were even some Turbo Buicks. 8)

Out of the 17 cars and 47 votes, YGspider recieved a total of 10 votes.

The car is a 1987 Cutass Supreme.

General Plans: The Cutlass will be a winter project hopefully receiving a 3.8 intercooled Engine. with 8.5 rear end and a 200r4.

Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=38165

Resized3.jpg

Resized2.jpg

Resized1.jpg

Next month's entries thread will be posted as soon as i get the topic from YGspider.

Thank You to everyone who participated in GBOTM this month.

-Mike

Thanks to everyone who voted for my car. It means alot becuase lately I've not been allowed into shows and my car gets shunned from events you know its 80's its just not good enough.

Alot of nice cars joined the contest this month and im shocked my Cutlass got the win.

As for the next topic im thinking of it right now.

YGspider said:
Thanks to everyone who voted for my car. It means alot becuase lately I've not been allowed into shows and my car gets shunned from events you know its 80's its just not good enough.

Alot of nice cars joined the contest this month and im shocked my Cutlass got the win.

Sorry to hear that man. Wished you lived closer and we could chill at some show around me. Most shows around me even allow 2012 mustangs, Camaro, Challengers, Chargers ect.. I do not know why Canada would have stricter year laws? They should be happy people are coming to car shows with America cars. I do not understand

I dont know man it seems most shows in Canada are this way from all the complaints on the fourm. Like this place had room for 500 cars and at least 40 cars showed up and the guy says uhh 1986-87 right? so im like yes 1987 hes like yeh you cant come in here 1980 and older... so I have to park my car with all the vans and hondas... just really pissed me off plus a 86 elco was chilling in there I think the old basterds just saw I was a young guy and didnt want to include me they should be happy im carrying on the older cars and keeping it in good shape. sorry i cant afford a 1970 stingray or 69 camaro like all those old farts at car shows im sick of those cars and for that reason I dont even like 1970 cars i want to start me own 1980s model car show and turn away all those old fruits with there big *ss boats. RANT OVER. :blam:

Tuggy24g said:
YGspider said:

Sorry to hear that man. Wished you lived closer and we could chill at some show around me. Most shows around me even allow 2012 mustangs, Camaro, Challengers, Chargers ect.. I do not know why Canada would have stricter year laws? They should be happy people are coming to car shows with America cars. I do not understand
Congrats YG, on getting the GBOTM award. Its well deserved.
I live not far from YGspider, and I can vouch for what he's saying. There are still year restrictions in place at some car shows and cruise nights around here. There is a big car show (usually about 1,200 vehicles in attendance) that has been happening locally here since 1994, and this year the organizers opened up the year restriction from 1976 & older to 1981 & older. Its frustrating, but I've learned to try to not let it get to me. I subscribe to a car hobby related newspaper that is printed here in Canada, which does have listings for shows & cruise nights, and if I want to attend a show or cruise night, and I have any doubts about year restrictions, I'll contact the show orgainizers to verify before I take my car out of the garage.

This mostly stock Cutlass can go as a reminder to why we're all here on this forum. These cars are a blank canvas that we can all put our own spin on and personalize. But at the end of the day, no matter what our own cars end up looking like, we can all still appreciate a clean, stock g-body.

307 Regal said:
This mostly stock Cutlass can go as a reminder to why we're all here on this forum. These cars are a blank canvas that we can all put our own spin on and personalize. But at the end of the day, no matter what our own cars end up looking like, we can all still appreciate a clean, stock g-body.

I agree and hopefully my car ends up with all the mods and work I'm hoping for becuase like anyone else I want something specail and I will make it happen over the next two to three years.

Lol YG you hate them old farts don't you? :lol:

Hey I was one of those Turbo Buick people! 😀

congrats YG that is a beautiful olds

MPac said:
Lol YG you hate them old farts don't you? :lol:

Hey I was one of those Turbo Buick people! 😀

No no I dont hate the older guys but sometimes I wish they would show us younger lads with no money some repsect for at least trying to keep the classics afloat.

Turbo Buicks are awsome I want one so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor