geand prix cowl hood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nasty gp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 25, 2006
florida
I have an 87 grand prix with some clearance issues. the intake is as low as they come for that motor, the air cleaner is thin, and the diamater is not that large. We have done the 350 swap before with no problems. I would really like a cowl hood. Glasstek make a 4" but thats a bit much any help would be much appreciate.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
How about a shaker type hood setup? Might be more appropriate for a Pontiac, and could give you the clearance that you need. Just a thought.

nasty gp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 25, 2006
florida
clean8485 said:
How about a shaker type hood setup? Might be more appropriate for a Pontiac, and could give you the clearance that you need. Just a thought.
Thought about that but the top of the motor is all polished aluminum and chrome, going to be a driver but was concerned about weather getting in. LOTS TO CLEAN

Furtrader

Master Mechanic
Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
I believe a cowl induction hood belongs on a Chevy.
You have a Pontiac,how about this?

65gto.jpg

1965 GTO scoop.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
I'd have to agree. A crowl would look cool but a ram air hood would be even better! And it would more subtle than a 4" crowl :D

87GP

Greasemonkey
Jul 15, 2006
mrappi

Come on! You can't just post that w/o details! LOL!

I'm guessing the shaker assembly is from a T/A? How about the seal to the hood?

mrapii

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Waipahu, HI
Below is a picture of the hood seal. The shaker scoop assembly is from 1974 Trans Am. It had to be modified quite a bit to make it work. The height and angle have to be adjusted and the fact that the engine doesn't fit centered in the engine bay and the engine is not horizontally level from side to side made it difficult.

2286149_27_full.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor