Gearing questions 7.5 rear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
The video shows the flash at 2700ish, you say your speedo is right on, if so the Speed/RPM reflected in the video is correct for 2:41 gearing and tire size per the RPM calculator i posted earlier.
This run sounds better after the throttle cable replaced compared to the first one. Still make sure the blades open fully when pedal is to the floor

It is right on max 1-2mph off and that’s interesting because it would almost mean that it has to be coming out of 3rd gear somehow or the tach gets progressively more off throughout its range and thanks I thought so too I’ll have to get someone to press the gas for me while I check the throttle blades.

Also what do you mean flashes I don’t understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoffa65

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta GA
It is right on max 1-2mph off and that’s interesting because it would almost mean that it has to be coming out of 3rd gear somehow or the tach gets progressively more off throughout its range and thanks I thought so too I’ll have to get someone to press the gas for me while I check the throttle blades.

Also what do you mean flashes I don’t understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sorry I did not put in the "TC" I corrected it.

Here is a good explanation of TC stall and TC flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor