Gen 5 headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedub

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2008
N.C. Fort Bragg
I have an 80 ss ElCamino with A/C and manifold exhaust. It has a crate 350 and a TH350 trans.
I obviously want to put headers on sooner or later but if I had a dollar for all the times I heard people say they had to dent headers, torch control arms, had spark plug issues, starter clearance, well I would be a few bucks richer.
Does anyone have any real world success stories on decent headers that DO NOT have problems in a Gen 5 G body. I don't want to spend more than $300. dollars. Please don't send me a link to summit and say these should work like I got on other forums. I'm hoping for someone to say "I have these and I didn't have issues"
Thanks guys
Darrin

sleepyss13

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2008
i have had hooker headers in both my 79 442 and in my 87 monte carlo ls with no problems just had to lift the motor to drop them in but i have not had any problems i have cool-it header wrap on them and it still dont cause any problems its tight but they fit right

dedub

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2008
N.C. Fort Bragg
Thanks Sleepy,
You wouldn't have a model #, type, short or full length, would you?

sleepyss13

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2008
520-02451 is the model number they are full length i have seem them go for different prices though but i would buy them again if i had to i am have a 383 with a th350 trans and i like the way they have fit i am using the stock starter and normal wires

dedub

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2008
N.C. Fort Bragg
That's perfect!

Thanks again

lsc ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 21, 2008
Spring Hill, Florida
Will those headers work with the vortec heads?? I'm putting in a GMPP zz383 and looked at the headers I had for the old engine and they don't look like they will work.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
ive got flowtech headers, however i have no sucess stories yet but will keep you updated, several members suggested the flowtech headers for perfect fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor