General questions 2007 LQ4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Well worth buying even if you just flip it. I had no idea the LQ4 went that late. When I saw 2007, I was thinking LY6 which is Gen IV, DBW, VVT. Did they update the LQ4 to Gen IV rotating assembly, the rectangle port heads and still leave it as the same RPO designation (LQ4)?
Yes, my 2005 LQ4 was Gen 4 rotating assembly with the slip fit piston pins and the 1.2mm rings on the piston. The change was mid 2004, I know for sure because i have a set of gen 3 LQ4 piston rings that were useless to me.

Ribbedroof, I may have a gently used set of Hooker 1 7/8" headers with the matching 3" stainless dual exhaust if you do make the swap. 😉

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
See if you can snag the whole thing for $500. The owner probably has no idea of its potential.

Kinda what i was thinking/hoping for. Did see mileage was 191K. Waiting for a number from owner

Reactions: 2 users

G.P.

Apprentice
Sep 21, 2019
MAGA North
def worth grabbing even up to the 1000-1500 dollar range IMO, ive bought/traded several ls parts vehicles in the past and a running 6.0 will usually get you most of that back on its own, not to mention the wealth of things like driveshaft parts or transmission crossmembers, differential etc. 400 for a core trans is standard here too without the converter, and even if your not planning anything special look up the regular car review motorhome... even a mild flea bay turbo kit made of jalopy will make the van or whatever you shoehorn it into a rocket/sleeper.

Feel the guy out.. dont act too excited offer 5-800, and see if he bites... offering low will often insult someone.. dont be afraid to ask what he wants for it, or show him similar ones priced the same if you can find them. ive seen those express units go for scrap weight value... but that was in the before before time...golden days.. anyway i mean if its got cats theres another hundo or so in your pocket for scrap when you part it out... believe it these things add up.

act fast ive lost enough what could have been freebies or just haul it aways because i didnt have the time or waited too long... :cry:

dfast1

Apprentice
Sep 24, 2018
I agree buy it...………………... Start by offering $500 as suggested by others. In my opinion that drivetrain with harness and computer is worth around $2500 to $3000.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor