Getrag M-82

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
I just read about that one over at American Muscle, great reviews. As you mentioned above, a bit on the pricey side. Did it tequire balancing before install? Thx!
I went with the Ford Motorsport one. The car is still under extended warranty so I'm trying to use only factory drivetrain mods for now, or at least mods I can swap out in a couple minutes, like axle backs.

View attachment 91340

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
No balancing/bolted right in. I had to work and didn't help bolt it in... my dad and son did and they whined about it not being easy...no specifics, just general whining/complaining, mostly about removing the old driveshaft, but then they find the hard way to do everything, so I can't say how easy/difficult the install was. They had a lift and 2 extra guys and still whined.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Sounds like my 17 yo, finds the most difficult path and wines about it.

Everytime tthat I have a project, only have the hands of me, myself & I..

No balancing/bolted right in. I had to work and didn't help bolt it in... my dad and son did and they whined about it not being easy...no specifics, just general whining/complaining, mostly about removing the old driveshaft, but then they find the hard way to do everything, so I can't say how easy/difficult the install was. They had a lift and 2 extra guys and still whined.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Cool car! Are the numbers on the door decals?

At the Arnold, Ne events, high school kids print and apply the vinyl numbers and sponsor decals to all the cars as they go through tech. Since Pontiac 2+2 already has numbers and we don't run it in the mile shootout, anymore, we use the extra numbers on the shootout car.

Reactions: 1 users

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Would any of you Mustang guys happen to know the Ford part number for the retainers for the third brake light? 2010-2014 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor