getting ready to start, and I have questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvngded

Apprentice
Feb 14, 2009
Chicago
As the weather gets nicer here, my project comes closer to starting. I need some advice on seat choices. I know that there are a few threads out there that have a varity of choices, but honestly, the search function leaves so many hits, that I couldn't find anything that was really any help.
So here's the heart of the matter. I love the Fiero seats, there are plenty of options for colors and style of seatcovers that look OEM, and the console is something I am very used to as far as placement of items is concerned. Has anyne used them or a modified console. Also, I found plenty of choices for the front, but pickings seem to be slim with the back seats options. I was hoping to find a newer rear seat that has a nice sporty look with a fold down arm rest. Any suggestions.
Thanks all,

Mike

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Hey there evil twin :wink: long time no here.i was just in the yard the other day and was actually looking for different seat options.i came across a very nice rear seat from a 00 grand prix.the seat had a nice fold down console/cupholder and when folded down it accessed the trunk space and even had a key to lock it.im propably gonna pick this seat up as itsperfect for venting the box ill be building for my subs! Just some food for thought,as there are sooooo many options out there for our g's.ill send you some pics if you'd like via cell phon :mrgreen: e if you want pm me your# .happy hunting and glad to see you back at it.

lvngded

Apprentice
Feb 14, 2009
Chicago
Thanks Bro,
Yeah, I had to come up with a plan B after I lost the parts car I needed. And things have been super busy at work, crime never stops. I'm getting really close to having all the parts I want to incorporate into the project the seats are really all I have to figure out. That, and the shifter. I'm really leaning towoard a his & hers shifter so I can have the control I want and the wife can still drive it if needs be. Plus, I won't have to scramble to find parts for a manual swap. I'll shoot you my number and appreciate the help. My biggest concern is that the newer cars are so much smaller inside, that I have fitment concerns. Thanks, really. I haven't even been to the yard in over 2 months. I think I'm going into withdrawl.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
withdrawls,lmfao :rofl: i here you man i just got back from the yard and did some "fitting" of seats from a 2000 chrysler concorde to a 86 monte and they were to tall,but i really love the fold down console/cupholder it has so im gonna try to incorparate it in the stock seat shouldnt be that hard.my damn camera went on the brink so i couldnt get no pictures but i will next time i go(get the wifey to take her camera :mrgreen: )i didnt have time to try to fit the grand prix seats but i will and get back to you with the news.

lvngded

Apprentice
Feb 14, 2009
Chicago
Thanks Bro. I really need to pull the rear seats and measure, but I'm waiting for some time to get to my buddy's house where the real project car is. I have been holding out on everyone, but to tell the truth, this GP isn't the one getting all the goodies.
I have a second "secret" project that is going to rock socks. My driver is just getting the rear frame rails done and having the interior redone. The other car is getting the full treatment.
MUHAHAHAHAHAAAAA......

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor