Getting that "right" stance

Status
Not open for further replies.

81Bu2Dr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 8, 2007
Shreveport LA
Hey All,
I just purchased a sweet 81 2 dr malibu. The car is all original, and in fantastic shape. I can't wait to dig into it and put my stamp on it.
I want to put on some smoothies and low profile tires, but I want to make sure I get the proper offset on them to ensure they don't stick out.
I also plan on lowering the car a tad...Louisiana roads are rough, so it won't be slammed. Will the 1" springs be enough drop?? Or will it be spindles and springs out back to get that "look"?
Looking forward to hangin out around here and learning more as I go.
Jon

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
If the roads r that bad, stick with 1". IMO 2" looks better, but will be harsher since the springs need to be stiffer to avoid bottoming out in the front. Spindles will fix that at a 2" drop but will still rub the inner fender at full compression. It's a trade off. How do u rate the ride vs. appearance/handling feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor