Glovebox bulb part number???'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I have a 1988 Monte Carlo SS and need to replace the bulb in the glove box all i can find is 1895 bulb that is round but mines is the plug in flat type of bulb,and help on flat bulb part number?Thanks

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Is the old bulb still in there? What's written on it? According to standard parts information, a 194 bulb goes into the bracket for the striker in the dash. I know for sure it's a wedge bulb if you have A/C on that 88. The 194 is GM p/n 9421330. Or you could do an aftermarket LED equivalent.

For a tad brighter, you could use a 168 bulb. GM p/n 9425542. Or LED equivalent, if you wish.

The only other bulbs it lists for glovebox is the metal base twist/lock deals, 1891 and 1895.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Regardless, if you have the black plastic striker with the wedge bulb right next to the middle button, you're good.

s-l1600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor