GM Wiring Harness Schematic? 1986 Monte Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.
First POST - a question/HELP needed: My 305 Engine came from a 1986 Monte Carlo SS and was FREE with only 63k on it.. - Alas I need to make the NEW Harness basically from scratch as everything has moved around a bit and It's in another Car.. My 1931 Chevy Tub... I want to stick with the OEM Color Codes 100% so future repairs will be simple.. But I don't know them off the top of my head and the Harness I have is just scraps (The previous owner kept the original Harness) I have been working on this thing for 9 years and FINALLY It's coming TOGETHER.. I'm busting hump every night on the thing as you will see.. and IF you would like to see my project it's here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Rj...D64DBC404&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext=1

Click that and sit back.. It's a PLAYLIST of 42 Videos.. OK?

I ran the wires for the Alternator tonight as to what I had/remembered.. SO FAR..
I'm a loooong way from starting it up. But the Electrics are what I'm currently working on to get it DONE..

Thanks in advance for ANY HELP with the wiring..

Rob in NH

if your puttin it in a street rod you may want to get one from painless wiring its cheap and to the point. more bang for your buck. iirc it should only be like 125 for a small system with the A/C provision. it comes with fuse panel (ATC fuses little plastic ones) wiring and instructions for the amateur. on a scale of 1-10 its a 4 to install

if you want to use the one you have get a mitchell manual for the 78-88 monte carlo (its only 18 bucks) or go to the library and copy the diagrams

I don't mind the work and It's more rewarding when you make your own right?.. I have heard of the "Painless" Kits before.. But I'm not afraid to do it myself.. ($125 saved for more goodies) 8) - I just need a few color codes is all.. My thought is that in the future they be more politically GM CORRECT on the Colors.. The lighting and stuff for me is the easy part.. TY -Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor