Good Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmangham

Apprentice
Dec 11, 2009
Have not seen it yet, but got a lead on a 1987 GN. All original. A tree limb fell on it and broke the sunroof a couple years ago, so you can emagine the shape its probably in. Guy says will crank and run, he is a good customer of mine so I believe him. It has a salvage title, so id probably just use it for parts anyway. I have a 79 Monte that the drivetrain would be sweet in! Anyway, just wondering what the value of it would be as is, seeing that the roof/interior is probably shot. Also, does it have the beefed up 2004r and posi rearend or would I have to check the RPO codes?

IDK what its worth but it should have the better 2004r transmission and 8.5" rear axle with 3.42 ratio if you get that fairly cheap that would be a great set up in you monte... good luck 8)

unless your heart is set on it the turbo v6 isn't something that is going to be easy or inexpensive to play with. the rear though is worth 700+ alone and the transmission's are also wanted by the right person so i'd say its worth in parts at least a 1000-1500

10-4. Yeah, I dont know if id want to fool with the engine swap, looking at just goin carbed Votec 350 w/ mild roller cam, but the 4 speed and rear end would be nice! Plus i would love to have one of those engines sitting around just in case! :twisted:

If you do scoop it up...PICS, PICS and more PICS......🙂

Well comin from someone who ones a GN I know that car if it runs and is fairly complete the drive train alone is worth about 2500 to 3000 and if some body parts like the front clip ,rims dash parts etc are half decent You could sell and make a few hundred even thousand. these cars are worth more in parts then whole. So if you can get it cheap i would jump all over it.

chevy2480 said:
Well comin from someone who ones a GN I know that car if it runs and is fairly complete the drive train alone is worth about 2500 to 3000 and if some body parts like the front clip ,rims dash parts etc are half decent You could sell and make a few hundred even thousand. these cars are worth more in parts then whole. So if you can get it cheap i would jump all over it.

I agree... Also little parts in good condition can net some good prices too... From hood pad, tail lights, emblems, dash, gauges (depending,) maf, etc etc etc

Or build it mildly and see what that buzzin half dozen LC2 can do!!!

While some hard parts for that engine may not be cheap the power to dollar ratio for turning up a stocker is excellent into the 11 second category. Also having a high 11 or low 12 second real street car with cruise, AC, power brakes, and 20+ mpg hwy gets cooler the older I get and more I have been to the gas station. Lastly fortunately thanks to the internet and better technology & parts development the learning curve on how to make them fast safely has gotten a lot less steep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor