Got any paint scheme ideas for a 1987 442

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyoKid

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
im attempting to think of a new color scheme if i chose to change my car from the original colors.... my only spcefication is that it has to be two tone and the same styled decals are on it. any ideas out there?

GREEN!!! Darker on top with a mint/money green on the bottom with gold 442 decals/striping and camel/tan interior and gold accented rallies!!! 8)

i was thinking of green i just could figure how i wanted to lay it out.

i love the silver.... i was simply thinking i may want somthing that absolutley no one else out there has.... i got big plans for this car in the near future. i can smell a Chevrolet Ls3, 4 link suspension, and 4 wheel disk brakes in my future.

I understand you want something that no one else has, but if you look at what you have, it is rare in itself. Look around at how many of these are being cut up for scrap, or in bad shape from sitting too long. 😢 Just look at this forum alone, and you can find examples of this all the time. They only made 4208 of these...probably a good bet that less than half of them still exist, and they are getting more scarce by the day. One day, there will only be a handful left. If you restore it, you will have something no one else has. As for the engine, please consider staying with an Olds. There are tons of Chevy-powered cars out there, but keeping it all Olds is the best way to go...done right, it will be hard to tell that you don't have a 307, until you fire it up 😀 350 SBO is a bolt-in swap, and you can keep the 307, and still have the original engine. I've been working on my 87 for some time now...goal is to eventually have it back to as close to original as possible. There just aren't that many of these left, and fewer still in good shape. Can't wait for the day I can take it down the road. Just my 2cents.

Red Candy Paint with 26" rims with a Huge WallMart Logo on the hood and a painting of a big naked chick on the trunk and drop in a 350 Chevy and put all Chevrolet symbols on the new interior. then sell it on craigslist for 20 Grand 8)

Its that simple.

YGspider said:
Red Candy Paint with 26" rims with a Huge WallMart Logo on the hood and a painting of a big naked chick on the trunk and drop in a 350 Chevy and put all Chevrolet symbols on the new interior. then sell it on craigslist for 20 Grand 8)

Its that simple.

Lol :rofl:

My true and original plans are to put it back to original.... im just wanting some other ideas just for the heck of it. and besides if i was actually going to change the motor for a much bigger one i'll go to my buddy... hes got a supercharged Olds 455 bored 30 over, with double hump heads sitting in his garage. im pretty sure thats all the motor ill ever need....as for now my cars going to be a daily driver that 307 is staying

i got to have the money first to even do all of this--- not going to happen anytime soon 😢

If green go dark green almost black like a forest green or something. But what about a deep dark blue? And can we get some info or pics buddy's super charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor