Got any paint scheme ideas for a 1987 442

Status
Not open for further replies.
My vote is keep it original. Olds nailed this car right off the assembly line

i can see if i cant get over there... its been awhile... i may be able to get video of the thing on his Dyno. no Guarantee

yeh keep the paint scheme stock anyone with a Cutlass wants there Cutlass to have that paint job deep down :evil:

Black and Red, two tone 442 style. If you're going to swap out the engine and overhaul everything, the car really isn't going to be worth much, so have fun with it!

you could keep it generally the same but change the tone of the grays, i remember the new grand prix's having a nice charcoalish gray for the top half

41470015-640.jpg

and the lighter silver for the bottom

f_327531099-489680902.jpeg

I like the gray family and about Charcoal and Silver tutone with gold color type pin strip or graphic.

Personally, I like the 79 Burgundy Metallic, and 79 Dark Claret, but that's my opinion...

I'll post pictures in the "Everyone Join In..." thread.

My vote is for White upper and the silver bottom with a medium grey stock appearing 442 stripe kit. Match that with the SSIII's with a silver inlay (like 83-84 Hurst). Homerun!

Hutch

I second that! Turn heads and look like it might have been the best rare factory combination you never saw.

442_7.5ltr said:
If green go dark green almost black like a forest green or something. But what about a deep dark blue? And can we get some info or pics buddy's super charger?
I agree with 442_7.5ltr dark forest green on top and I would go Charcoal on the bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor