got my door panels reupholstered.... disapointed help

Status
Not open for further replies.

streetworkxs

Apprentice
Dec 2, 2008
I went to check on the progress of my door panels today. Its been about 2months since i last dropped them off. They recut new backing for the panels and reupholstered it, and put on new felt seals (i supplied).

They didn't really look anything like the example I gave him to do, and he did piping on it, which i have never been too crazy about. I didn't take pictures since i was in there briefly, but i haven't told him they didn't turn out the way i thought they would. I haven't paid yet, and he actually isn't charging that much $50 a panel, so i don't know what to say. I know i shouldve paid more and had it done quicker, the way i wanted but i was broke at the time. Its an improvement from my ugly water rotted panels but not what i was going for. what would you guys do?

jonnyslick said:
1. Pay the guy for his work.
2. Sale them on e-bay.
3. Buy another stock set off e-bay.
4. Save up the money to have them done the way you want by a good shop.

D - U - N

x2

I would just add:

Let the shop owner know, after you have paid him, that it wasn't exactly what you were looking for. Sometimes you just have to be honest. If he is a good business man he will make it right to please his customer. Im sure if he has been in business a while he can make them how ever you had pictured them to look.

since it's only $50 why not offer him a reasonable amount to do the doors the way you want....that is if he can do it.....that way there he shouldn't mind eating part of the 50 and you pay more but you''ll be getting what you want. If you pay him for something you don't want without making any offer you'll end up paying alot more to get them redone by someone else...

yeah, i will do that. I usually would pay someone extra to do an even better job, but I was low on money and didn't need it done right away. I told him to take his time, and not let it intervene with needed work.

Anyways, do you think i could sell them without the brand new window felts? The panels look good, but aren't the style i wanted to go. Or should i sell them with the window felts, and buy complete oem replicas (dixiemontecarlo.com) I think those come with new felts. I'll post pictures of the panels once i get them. If anyone is interested, i won't charge what i paid, they are also vinyl backed to protect against moisture. power windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor