HELP GP speedo tach cluster removal help

Terreri31

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 24, 2023
Hey folks! Found this forum trying to find help online. Looking forward to being a part of the community here.
My tach and speedometer weren't working so I wanted to take out the cluster. I took out the bolts and plastic shield. It feels like it is being held up behind the speedometer. I have the harness unplugged. How do I get the speedometer to release from the dash? Doesn't seem to be a way to get back there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230624_143814_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230624_143814_Gallery.jpg
    675 KB · Views: 65

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
You actually have the culprit circled in your photo. Follow the speedometer cable into the speedometer head, there is a thin spring tab that you depress toward the speedometer to release the speedometer cable tube. Below is an example on a Monte Carlo speedometer but the Grand Prix should be the same.

20230624_194342.jpg 20230624_194402.jpg

Hope this helps!

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor