GP wheel thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
67rstbkt said:
Here's what I put on mine, I'm not sure of the brand. They were on my Firebird when I bought it. Basically free, after a little work cleaning them up.

DSC_0012.jpg

gpr2.jpg

Those are Western Bullits and yes that's how it's spelled. I put a set on my 1980 Grand Am in Dec. 1979 as soon as the dealer called to tell me it was in. I a pic on my other computer.

heavy d said:
I love the Boss wheels, thats what I'm putting on the GN. I like those chrome Ralleys on the Pontiac....
This one looks good.... decisions, decisions.... 8)

gpwheels.jpg

Damn those are sweet!! That and the ws6 reproductions.. 😀

As promised, there were several center options, both open and closed;
Grand%20Am%20trailer.jpg

Also ran these for a short time, they peeled like a b*tch and Cragar wouldn't do anything.

garearcorner(Medium).JPG

So I went to these;
grandam1.jpg%20cropped%20(Medium).jpg

G-Body_Vet said:
454muscle said:
I have classic "5 stars" Eagle Alloys style 028: 15x10 back, 16x7 front. I believe they are now discontinued though.

I remember seeing those back in the late 80's, early 90's during the "Hammers" era. Eagle alloys and A.R.E. were probably one of the bigger aftermarket names besides Cragar and Centerline then.

Here's a history lesson for you young guys. This is what was hot in '91 :lol:
hammers_4.jpg
Those are pretty sweet looking! Oh and 91 is the year I was born! :mrgreen:

G-Body_Vet said:
454muscle said:
I have classic "5 stars" Eagle Alloys style 028: 15x10 back, 16x7 front. I believe they are now discontinued though.

I remember seeing those back in the late 80's, early 90's during the "Hammers" era. Eagle alloys and A.R.E. were probably one of the bigger aftermarket names besides Cragar and Centerline then.

Here's a history lesson for you young guys. This is what was hot in '91 :lol:
hammers_4.jpg

I had a set of Cragar "Hammers" on my first car, a 1983 GP. They were 15x8 and had a small backspace, making them stick outside the body line. That style used to be called "reversed" or "skateboarded". They looked great at the time, but I was putting a new wheel bearing in the front every few months. I remember washing the wheels and body chrome, and nothing else since it was in primer. That was until it was stolen and stripped. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor