Grand Prix Stripe Decals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pic18

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 11, 2014
I have a 2 tone 86 Grand Prix. It's blue on top and transitions to silver halfway down the body. There is a decal that transitions the 2 colors via gradual stripes. Is it possible to buy these decals anywhere? I did not see them in my Phoenix Graphics catalog. I appreciate the help. Thanks.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
my GP has the same color scheme and I've had no luck anywhere!...

Gbarrie

Master Mechanic
Sep 15, 2012
I have an 86/LE tu/tone silver/grey , theirs a place on cass ave in clinton twp mi that might

make them . I'll check and see. All the body shops reconmend them instead of painting them on.

Gbarrie.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Gbarrie said:
I have an 86/LE tu/tone silver/grey , theirs a place on cass ave in clinton twp mi that might

make them . I'll check and see. All the body shops reconmend them instead of painting them on.

Gbarrie.

keep us posted cuz i'm sure getting them painted would jack the price of a paint job immensely... recently took my GP to a painter who does real good work and couldn't even get a solid quote for a basic all one color paint job :( I kinda suggested I would be willing to work with a 10 footer or Macco style paint job and he said he couldn't put his name to it which I understand.... but he did mention that he would have to totally sand down to metal to do a proper paint job! :| so after all this ranting I guess what meant to say is the graphics could make a paint job cheaper vs painting them!

Gbarrie

Master Mechanic
Sep 15, 2012
keep us posted cuz i'm sure getting them painted would jack the price of a paint job immensely... recently took my GP to a painter who does real good work and couldn't even get a solid quote for a basic all one color paint job :( I kinda suggested I would be willing to work with a 10 footer or Macco style paint job and he said he couldn't put his name to it which I understand.... but he did mention that he would have to totally sand down to metal to do a proper paint job! :| so after all this ranting I guess what meant to say is the graphics could make a paint job cheaper vs painting them!

I'll check this weekend, Hopefully with some good news.

Gbarrie.

Gbarrie

Master Mechanic
Sep 15, 2012
I'll check this weekend, Hopefully with some good news.

Gbarrie.
Ok got a chance to stop in there today, Spoke with a guy name Ryan cell # 586 531-4322, biz#586 463-1564, Tell him Gee stoped in and spoke with him about the stripes for the Grand Prix. He also said if he couldn't do it anther
guy could help, His name Wild Bill his # 586 469-7676. Hope this helps guys.

Gbarrie.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
nice gonna try to get a hold of him and see what this yields, i'm not ready to paint my GP but every bit helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor