Grand Prix values

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my part, i've paid 3000$ for my '81 LJ, 2-Tone Bronze/Gold with golden pinstripe between the colors, landau gold vinyl top, beige interior, wich is VERY rare as i've noticed over the years, bucket seats/console, 267cid/2bbl V8 with Metric TH200 transmission (if i remember well), power windows, manual door locks, manual trunk, wire hub caps (removed but i still keep them in my parts stash) and only 35 156 miles on it back in the day i bought it , on June 13th 2006 (56 250 kms... Now, he's up to 165 400 kms, 103 375 miles if you prefer!)...

INTRAGRATION: I'm TOTALLY with you on that point!! Restoring a car should NEVER be for anything else than your own satisfaction! If people's real goal is only an investment, WALL STREET may be their best bet... :wink: Just my opinion!! :friday:

G-Body_Vet said:
The thing that I find kinda crazy is that I see people asking upwards of $4k for plain-jane Malibus. I've had several Bu's and they have to be one of the worst built g-bodies with the fewest options. I wish I would have gotten into the 78-80 GP's long ago. It's fine with me if they never become highly sought....that just means I can continue to get them cheap!

I think the popularity of the Malibu stems from the idea of a direct lineage from the Chevelle of the muscle years. Particularly that it shares the same basic shape/envelope as the early Chevelles.

The GPs, while fine cars, do not really have that "performance" lineage to the average person. Not bashing on them, just sharing an opinion. I have seen some nice GPs, and came close to buying one about a year ago, but alas, like MANY G bodies these days in these parts, there were title issues.

On a personal note, i prefer the Lemans/Malibu roofline to the formal roof of the other G bodies...again, just personal taste.

Really, given the choice, I'd take a Grand Am over the Malibu, as I feel they're a better looking car...taillamps, dash, beltline transition to deck lid. Just better though-out/more refined than the chevy guys got to do with their assignment.

I've never liked the looks of the 78-80 GP but I've had several 81-86 GPs and loved every one of them. I don't know if its the extra bracing but they've been the best riding, driving, handling g-bodies I've had, and I've had ALOT! I'll always love my malibus but I'd really like to have another GP. I just recently spotted a 2dr lemans sitting in a backyard, looks solid but its been sitting there for awhile. Gotta go knock on the door soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor