GRAND PRIX grand prix vinyl top: trim clips / stretching

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
1 - Do any of you know for sure the part number of the vinyl top trim clips for the front side trim that goes up & around the leading edge of the vinyl top on an '81 grand prix?

2- I've got about a foot of vinyl that's pulled back from underneath the trim. Overall the vinyl is in decent shape & I'd like to try restretching it. Has anybody done this? I might try this first before MacGyvering a patch/fix.

Update to #2... it stretches - I tested it. I have a plan for a set of clamps & wires to gradually & evenly pull the vinyl back into place as I heat it. And I have a second plan to install little support 'rails' between the rivets that I can stitch the edge of the vinyl to, because I don't trust glue by itself. But - any suggestions on a high bond adhesive that I can brush under the leading edge of the vinyl? The vinyl glues I'm finding are all spray on.

Thanks...

1687383597628.png

Last edited:

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Hurry, remove the vinyl completely while there is still a roof underneath it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor