Grand Prix with a Monte SS nose?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandPrixJamie

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2007
Schenectady New York
Ok so I was out cruisin around today in upstate NY and saw it again. It was a 86 GP with a Monte SS nose on it. I sat in a mall parking lot for an hour waiting for this guy to come out. When he finally came out I asked him how and where he got it. Unfortunatley he bought the damn car that way.

How the hell do you do this. it looked sweet as hell.

This is like the second time that I have seen one like it.

His car had normal GP fenders and hood on it and the monte nose did not LOOK like it was customized in any way. Has any one else seen this before?

Unfortunatley i did not have my digital camera on me so i couldn't get a pic of it.

Stoopud

Master Mechanic
May 21, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
The guy must have used the Monte fenders, the cut off at the nose is different between a Grand Prix and a Monte (cut back for the bumper), but the front of the doors is the same or simular.

I once put a 78' Volare front clip on a 2 dr 80' Diplomat (for those not familiar with Mopars think Monte with Nova front clip). It looked totally stock, except that it should not have existed. There also used to be a 80's Cutlass with a Regal front clip that ran around here (Cleveland). You couldn't tell it wasn't stock except for the difference between the shape of the front and rear wheel wells. From the front you would have sworn it was a Regal and from the rear a Cutlass. If the cars share the same frame and cowl, the doors are where you match them up.

Just my guess, but I am

Stoopud

GrandPrixJamie

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2007
Schenectady New York
I am definetly going to look into this further. the conversion looked sweet.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
1986 GP 2+2

what you saw was probably a nose from a 1986 Grand Prix 2+2
they only made them in 1986 and it looks way cooler than the monte nose similar in looks though. check this web page out.

http://www.pontiacserver.com/gph3_9.html

Trends

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2007
Simcoe, Ont. Canada
I have seen these cars in ontario. Seen 1 in about 1990 in a guys garage . His kid was killed in it after hitting a pole or tree. I think it was called a 3+3 and it came from the factory with the rubber nose and the tapered back window like an monte ss aerocoupe .

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
that has to be the 2+2, was it a aero coupe?? if it was then i am dissapointed that the guy did not explain waht it was, maybe not a true g body lover??? if it was not a aero and it had a 2+2 clip then i will be surprised because those are hard as hell to find and that guy doesnt seem to know what he had. i have seen a few of the gp aerocoups, personally i dont care for them but i would buy one to keep in factory condition if i found one for a good price, its a very collectable g body!!

GrandPrixJamie

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2007
Schenectady New York
No the car I saw was not the ugly *ss 2+2 nose it was clearly a ss nose

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
It would take some work to get a Monte SS front fascia to fit the GP. The GP front fenders and hoodline are different from a Monte. I have both cars, and while I can see that with time and money, anything is possible, IMHO, it would be far easier to install either an original 2+2 nose on the GP, or use the repro parts from Lauren Engineering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor