Grant wheel issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New3ra

Apprentice
Feb 5, 2008
So i have a 4 spoke challenger wheel and install kit, problem i see is I got the wheels straight pulled the old wheel and now the indicator is diffrent on the wheels the new Grant wont line up straight ahead and its all towards the left, How can I fix this? Im so lost right now...

The same thing happened to me when I was installing mine.
No matter what I did nothing worked when aligning the "post cover" with the "hub" because the horn wire messed things up.
I seem to remember that the horn wire needs to be routed around the hub to line up with the post cover correctly so that the wheel goes on straight.
In step 11 on the instruction sheet it states in red "TO ENSURE WHEEL STRAIGHT, route wire around hub as shown ....................
It shows the horn wire coming up from the left side and over to the right side of the hub and straight out so that the post cover and wheel line up correctly.
I seemed to breeze past it without reading it correctly.

If it's not that, you may have the wrong installation kit.[/img]

Barry84SS said:
The same thing happened to me when I was installing mine.
No matter what I did nothing worked when aligning the "post cover" with the "hub" because the horn wire messed things up.
I seem to remember that the horn wire needs to be routed around the hub to line up with the post cover correctly so that the wheel goes on straight.
In step 11 on the instruction sheet it states in red "TO ENSURE WHEEL STRAIGHT, route wire around hub as shown ....................
It shows the horn wire coming up from the left side and over to the right side of the hub and straight out so that the post cover and wheel line up correctly.
I seemed to breeze past it without reading it correctly.

If it's not that, you may have the wrong installation kit.[/img]

Thanks man appreciate it! anyone have pics of there installation kits>?

I've had a few cars with this problem. I followed the instructions exatly, but just couldn't get it perfect. So I just got it as close as possible. Then a few weeks later I took it in for a wheel alignment. I asked if there was anything they could do while doing the alignment to straighten it. They said yup. I don't know how they did it (I know very little about front suspension), but the wheel was straight when I picked it up.

i just drilled a new hole in the steering wheel hub for the horn post. it took about 10min to figure out the right spot and 2min to drill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor