Great day at the salvage yard

Status
Not open for further replies.

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
I have been all over eastern NC looking for parts cars with little luck. For some reason there are no GP's to be found and very few other G bodies. I was headed to a local mom and pop yard this morning in 24 degree weather and for some reason they were not open on time. I drove past and before I could find a good place to turn around I found an even smaller yard. Three GP's, two Cutlasses and a Regal. All but one are V8 cars. Both GP's have the gauge pack. I was blown away. I ended up with a complete GP cluster with gauges and tach, two V8 harnesses and door straps for $25.00. Going back one day this week for aluminum brake drums for $25.00 it was just too cold. Do I need to change under dash harnesses to add the Tach and four gauge cluster? Or just change the senders?

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
East Coast, just east of Greenville. Not far from Gbody parts. Gotta get over there in the next couple of weeks.

seawolf18

Master Mechanic
Jan 12, 2013
SE South Dakota
Awesome. Most of the yards around here have crushed all their g-bodies, since the price for scrap has been so high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor